Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who am I? Good question.

I'm Sarah. This is probably important. 22 years old. Equally important (in my opinion, but this is coming from the girl who, in the past week, has been mistaken for both a 25-year-old and an 18-year-old, so I'm rather protective of my actual age). For some time I was a Creative Writing Major. The capitalization is important because I thought a lot of myself back then. Then I became a German major. The capitalization has to do with proper nouns. I thought less of myself then. Not too long after officially choosing a major, I graduated. This happened precisely two months ago, and the shock still hasn't worn off. I can only deal with all these life changes by assuring myself that I don't have to be a grown-up yet. No, I'll get my Master's first (is that capitalization even correct?).

This is me. Being stupid. I know it seems egotistical to include too many pictures of yourself in blogs, but people like to know what the people they're reading about look like. I think. At least I do. Hence the picture. 


Which brings me to my next point... Yes, I am a Master's student. Well, sort of. I haven't officially started yet. But in the fall, oh yeah, I'll be a Master's student at University College London, studying European Studies. Studying the studies. Well, obviously.

Anyway, the point of this blog is to write about living in London, being a grad student (postgraduate student, whichever terminology you prefer) and just general life things, most of which will be related to being a grad student/living in London. I expect my family to read this. If you're not a relative of mine, then that is very exciting for me. It means I have an audience. An audience... Cue reverie.

No comments:

Post a Comment